Re: Proposed modules for 2.10 wanted NOW

<quote who="Martin Sevior">

> Thanks for your encouragement Jeff. I would actually love to have
> gnome-office components released in synch with the rest of gnome.  However
> in some cases we may decide to release just our current stable builds
> while working on on development versions in HEAD.
>
> For the sake of the projects we can't always do 3 months head development
> followed by code freeze followed by bug fixes then release.  We basically
> need more time to get major new functionality in place.
>
> How does this sit with the release team?

release-team will have to live with however you want to do it, and help! :-)

But I think you clinched it when you said, "in some cases we may decide to
release just our current stable builds while working on on development
versions in HEAD". That's puuuurfect.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia         http://lca2005.linux.org.au/

    "I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity." - George W. Bush (by
                            way of Miles Nordin)