Re: scrollkeeper & intltool -> freedesktop.org?

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 04:24, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Random thought: Would it make sense to encourage scrollkeeper and intltool
> to become freedesktop.org projects? What do you guys think (Malcolm and
> Kenneth)?

Havoc has suggested this previously, too. It may not be insane. My only
reluctance with moving scrollkeeper is whether it really gains a lot for
the small amount of pain involved. Moving the mailing list is a slightly
manual process, but a once-off job. The bug list is down to something
reasonable now (a dozen or so bugs), so I could just about move that by
hand. Scrollkeeper's anonymous CVS access has improved a lot since
September or October. On the other hand, their mailing list archives
still have a horrible interface and the release management interface is
not the greatest -- so for administrative reasons, moving would make
some sense.

I guess at the moment I am pretty ambivalent. I'll think about it some
more.

Malcolm