Re: signal-to-noise on d-d-l

<quote who="Telsa Gwynne">

> However, I have another thought about this. The problem with parallel
> -announce lists is that whilst at the time they are made, the subscriber
> lists are identical, as people subscribe, they forget about or don't
> notice or don't realise the relevant of the -announce one and then a year
> later people start asking "What is this announcement email you are
> replying to? Where was it posted?"

This can be done very easily by aliasing gnome-hackers-announce to both
lists. I've done the same thing on other list servers - it means you merely
have to think "anouncement goes to announce list" but everyone will get it
regardless.

> (Also, reply-to on the -announce is set to the main list :))

But of course, very standard.

- Jeff

  "Whoever wrote [the Twisted documentation] uses a vivid and interesting
         style of prose which triggers pleasure." - Francois Pinard