Re: signal-to-noise on d-d-l

<quote who="Mark McLoughlin">

> > Moderators are good generally.
>
> 	I've always taken the approach that as list admin I'm more of a spam
> filter than anything else. I've never liked rejecting a mail through
> mailman with "that's not on topic!" - I'd much rather the list do it as
> a whole (and on the list), rather than a random few people doing it
> privately based on their definition of "on topic".

Agree, and this is very much along conventional lines of list maintenance in
GNOME. I think some strong on-list voices of reason and sanity might be good
though - to a similar level of 'ownership' as maintainers have with software
modules?

At least to start with, let's be a little more pro-active about keeping list
discussions sane and on-topic.

- Jeff

                   "Socks for the foot menu!" - Liam Quin