Re: signal-to-noise on d-d-l

<quote who="Liam R. E. Quin">

> On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 23:41, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> >   * The gnome-hackers/gnome-private/gnome-hackers-readonly mess should
> >   be unfucked, it should be open for all to read, post and subscribe
> >   (except gnome-private), and it should be the recommended place for
> >   cross-project discussions - the 'main list' you mentioned above. I
> >   totally agree with that idea.
>
> If this is done, please don't make previously private archives public
> (just a reminder, at the risk of stating the obvious)

I certainly wouldn't do that for gnome-private [1], but gnome-hackers has
been publically visible for quite some time now.

- Jeff

[1] I really only mentioned this list because it's webbed into the mess of
list permissions and dependencies with the -readonly lists and such.

    "Not to mention that there's simply no way to explain what a 'window
   manager' is without descending into 'PC Load Letter?!' technobabble."
                             - Havoc Pennington