Re: widget update

<quote who="Ole Laursen">

> > *sysadmin hat* The only things currently not functioning (to my
> > knowledge) are LXR and Bonsai (but viewcvs is up), some backend admin
> > tools (such as the cvs admin pages and Request Tracker), and any PHP
> > apps on widget (the most obvious being the software map and
> > art.gnome.org).
>
> Has anyone thought about deprecating the software map

Definitely, I would love to get rid of it / replace it. There were some
posts about this on gnome-web-list the other week, and a few people looking
for Free systems to try, but nothing eventuated. I've been looking around
for other opportunities too, but no guarantees at this stage.

> and instead fixing the Free Software Directory that FSF is maintaining in
> cooperation with UNESCO?
>
>   http://www.fsf.org/directory/
>
> It seems like a worthwhile project.

Veeeery iiiiinteresting, thanks for pointing that out!

- Jeff

  "Whether you want to set fire to old institutions or to build whole new
               ones, nothing beats a good blog." - Doc Searls