Re: GNOME 2.7/2.8 Proposed Schedule

<quote who="Markus Bertheau">

> В Сбт, 24.04.2004, в 05:56, Jeff Waugh пишет:
>
> > Here's a cal(1) rendition of the schedule which you can quote in
> > replies. :)
>
> There's no "Patch review" and "Bugzilla cleaning" period - A lot of good
> patches sleep in bugzilla and GNOME loses a lot of potential maintainers
> that could lift the load of the current maintainers. I think it's a worthy
> goal for 2.7 to tackle.

Hi,

My first thought is that patch review and bugzilla cleaning are open-ended
tasks worked on between the bugsquad and maintainers throughout the process.
It sure needs more *attention*, but I'm not sure it needs more *process*,
which is what the schedule and release team do. ;-)

So I would kinda back away from enshrining these things in process (*unless*
the bugsquad wants it!), but we really do need to figure out a good way to
encourage these things. Perhaps the bugsquad could pay special attention to
patch bugs on certain bug days?

[ This is not a final answer, only my opinion, etc. :-) ]

Thanks,

- Jeff

    "If I had an inch for every penis size spam I'd recieved..." - Luis
                                   Villa