Re: TARBALLS DUE: GNOME 2.5.0 Development Release

<quote who="James Henstridge">

> It sort of defeats the purpose of backward compatibility in the platform
> if all of our applications explicitly turn off all the support code
> designed to provide this compatibility.
>
> I am not saying that the *_DISABLE_DEPRECATED macros should never be used;
> just that they shouldn't be turned on by default for tarball builds (kind
> of like -Werror ...).

I was thinking about this last night too, but when it comes to stuff in the
Desktop and Developer Platform releases, it probably makes sense to keep
them in there (at least for the time being). Certainly other modules should
remove them, unless there's a good reason not to.

- Jeff

   "There are men with an appetite for fight and a sense of occasion, and
                  then there is Waugh." - SMH, about Steve