Re: Major change in desktop handling

> (As a side note, maybe Nautilus could check that if the "manage desktop"
> gconf key says "no" then it would not create the ~/Desktop folder so
> that you could delete it if you dont need it.)

If Nautilus is going to check a Gconf key then it should check whether they
says "no, hidden or Desktop".

BTW. I already have a Desktop folder. It contains stuff of my own and
it would be a real Nautilus bug if upgrading gnome had it pissing in
directories that were none of its business. Thats something whoever looks
at this has to resolve.

Finally regardless of whether it is a good idea or bad to make Desktop
more obvious I'm wondering what the expected user result of dragging the
Desktop icon from the file manager home directory view to the desk top is
and how you will make it consistent with other parts of the system ?