Re: CVS migration to subversion?

El mié, 12 de 03 de 2003 a las 19:52, Havoc Pennington escribió:
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 01:10:43PM -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> > I know some people have discussed this, but the current system works,
> > and until someone comes up with the resources and manpower to convert us
> > (as well as persuade everyone it's a good idea) I'm guessing the current
> > admin team isn't going to be anxious to take on that burden.
>
> Not just that, we don't want to be the subversion beta testers. Let
> some smaller project get the bugs out of subversion 1.0, we might try
> 1.2. ;-)

I'm not sure that it should be necessary, there are already projects
working with subversion since two years ago, we could wait until 1.0.2
if you want to be sure that the 1.0 has not any big bug. If we try to do
a migration like Joe suggest, I don't think it could be as critical as
migrate all our CVS.

> The project that we *should* be looking at is switching our CVS to be
> ssh-based.

True but as it's delayed perhaps we get subversion 1.0 (or 1.2) before
we get CVS over SSH...

Cheers.