Re: GNOME Newsletter...writing and editing

On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 15:56, Sander Vesik wrote:
> Bill Haneman wrote:
> > Hello folks:
> >
> > If you only have time to read one of the links I posted, please read the
> > AFB whitepaper; it's short and to the point.
> >
> > Fixing this problem (or at least, attaining parity with Windows when it
> > comes to PDF accessibility) is high on the accessibility wish list.

> Actually, sun is working on a xsl fo -> pdf processor called xmlroff that
> will be use "gnome" technologies like pango for the basis. AFAIK they are
> based on Ireland - the project's cvs lives on sourceforge.

I have talked to the project folks.  Dunno how public it is, but since
you've spilled the beans already ;-)

it currently can't do any accessibility, since it is based on a (hacked)
pdflib that has no accessibility support either.  So the content it
generates is "100% inaccessible" (at least with respect to so-called PDF
accessibility).

> It sounds more like two distinct projects 8-)

I think almost all the work would need to be in the same library...so
maybe not.

--
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>