Re: lufs and gnome-vfs

man, 2003-03-03 kl. 23:15 skrev Bastien Nocera:

> Until that's done, it's a no-no. If you fancy spending your time
> creating and then fixing kernel modules for things like HP-UX and
> Solaris, go for it.
>
> But at that point in time, lufs isn't an option for gnome-vfs.

I don't see why not, at least not based on the "other OSes can't support
it" reason. If its a compile time option and isn't a fixed requirement,
then IMO it's fine, so long as someone wants to write it.

Not all OSes version of X handles things like XRender, but I don't see
that stopping GTK from using it where its available.

Catering to the lowest common demoninator will leave us languishing,
afraid to support anything remotely interesting because some other
systems can't use it.

Of course, any other arguments based on technical merits (or lack
thereof) of lufs are perfectly valid reasons though
iain