GNOME 1.4.1 [or more importantly, bugs for that release]

What GNOME 1.4.1 release, you ask? that's right, /that/ GNOME 1.4.1
release. The one that Still Hasn't Happened. :)

So... given that we are now on our second fast, effective GNOME2.x
release, and we're discussing GNOME 2.4 and 2.6 (and even giving
glimmers of GNOME 2.8 and 3.0) the time has come to admit that no one
cares about GNOME 1.4 and that we should mothball all those bugs.

So, I'd like to:

1) Create a GNOME1.4 resolution in bugzilla. This way, if some
benevolent/madly insane individual actually wants to resurrect 1.4, all
the still open 1.4 bugs will be separate from older 1.4 bugs that have
been closed for other reasons.

2) Block new bug-buddy reports from 1.4. If a crash is sooo rare that it
hasn't already been filed repeatedly, it is probably going to be
impossible to track down and fix.

3) Block, or at least strongly discourage, filing of GNOME 1.4 bugs via
bugzilla's web UI.

4) Close all bugs that are /exclusive/ to 1.4. Obviously enhancement
requests, UI complaints, etc. may still be very relevant to 2.4, so
those can't be blanket closed, but many others (including some entire
components like gnome-core) can be closed. This will make the job of all
maintainers and the bugsquad much easier, and hopefully lead to higher
quality software going forward.

does anyone object? Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

Luis