Re: General Screenshot Screenshot "Guidelines"

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 01:03, Seth Nickell wrote:
> GNOME is moving toward a clean productive desktop. This sort of
> contrasts us with KDE who tend toward a tweakable fiddly feature packed
> desktop. Screenshots are an important way people get a sense of what
> GNOME is about; even a false sense (which I think a lot of cluttered
> screenshots present). Here are some things I'd personally think we
> should highlight about GNOME:
>
>   1) Good international support
>   2) Accessibility (at least one shot of GNOME with a11y apps and themes
> going!)
>   3) Clean, simple design
>   4) New features/applications in the GNOME 2.2 release
>
> Some specific notes:
>
> 1) Cluttered shots don't make GNOME look good, which is most of the
> point of screenshots. People will be more impressed with GNOME if it
> isn't plastered in windows.

The release notes and start page will have plenty of clean, standard
screenshots. We thought it would be nice for people to also see the more
outlandish stuff, clearly labelled as such. Some people always want to
see it and some people always provide it. Anyway, we have a choice about
which screenshots to actually present. We are not complete muppets.

--
Murray Cumming
murray usa net