Re: Call for 2.2 Screenshots
- From: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>
- To: Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>
- Cc: "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, Gnome Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Call for 2.2 Screenshots
- Date: 01 Feb 2003 16:05:43 -0800
On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 08:01, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 15:30, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > In GNOME 2.2, a "theme" is now a collection of subthemes, such as
> > icon subtheme, GTK+ subtheme, and metacity subtheme.
> Weren't we going to use "theme set" and "theme" rather than "theme" and
> "subtheme"? No point in making up words when there are perfectly good
> ones already available :)
Theme is the more basic word... and the interface tries to present the
basic unit of "theme" as the "metatheme/theme set". Using "theme set"
immediately conjors up the model of a theme "set" as a grouping of
themes (which, I'm sure, is how most people on this channel think of
"metathemes", but its not the conceptual model I want users to pick up).
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev