Re: ANNOUNCE: Wallpaper Tray barry

On Tue, 2003-08-05 at 11:52, Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> 	Who knows ? There seems to be quite a few different interpretations of
> what the notification area icon really is. See the long thread below
> where I tried to get some consensus on the matter:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-March/thread.html#00351

I'm hopeful this is something we can nail down in the next version of
the HIG... there's already a placeholder section there in the draft
version for it, but I wouldn't exactly recommend following the
guidelines there just yet :)

I have to agree it doesn't sound like the wallpaper thing really belongs
in the notification area though... IIRC most peoples' interpretation of
what a notification area doohicky should be is something that either
notifies of events (e.g. new mail) or gives periodic feedback on some
process (e.g. CPU load), but this just basically sounds like a menu...

Cheeri,
Calum.