Re: developer.gnome.org needs some love

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 15:47, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Glynn Foster">
>
> > To be honest, I'd prefer if people could start writing new
> > documentation/articles etc etc..Sure, we're always going to have
> > inconsistant navigation, inconsistant layouts [1], but I think the really
> > important bit is the content.
>
> I have to agree. Just putting relevant stuff on the current site (d.g.o
> isn't totally horrific to work with), or even just getting good docs into
> CVS for the moment, is far more important than fixing up the aesthetic
> issues. Even helping with each module's documentation would be a huge
> benefit.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jeff

The one thing that's possibly even more important than that is killing
any obsolete documentation.

A "new developer" could get very confused if he tried to write a capplet
using the stuff that's on the site at the moment. Also the site gives
the impression that a lot of things - like pango - aren't finished,
which of course they are.

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>

"A freudian slip is when you say one thing but you mean your mother." -- unknown