Re: PROPFIND requests from gnome-vfs?

On Mon, 2003-04-21 at 09:20, Dan Winship wrote:
> > Maybe we should have a mean to allow http-only in gnome-vfs (add a
> > specific webdav:// method ?)
>
> Or at least have a programmatic way to turn webdav off; many (most?) of
> the PROPFINDs the kde people are noticing are probably coming from
> galeon, which I assume doesn't actually do the special webdav browsing.

I think the first question is why, when gnome-vfs is asked to,
say, read http://www.gnome.org/index.html it does a PROPFIND on
the URL first. My first impression is that gnome-vfs frequently
does a PROPFIND for no good reason at all.

(I doubt that it has any effect at all on the web server, but
it certainly doesn't improve the performance of the application,
especially if it waits for the result of the PROPFIND before
actually retrieving the URL.)

Regards,
                                       Owen