Re: PROPFIND requests from gnome-vfs?

<quote who="Navindra Umanee">

> > > We seem to be getting a lot of PROPFIND requests from gnome-vfs users
> > > on dot.kde.org.  For what reason would gnome-vfs send us a PROPFIND
> > > request?  Is this a very easy/common thing to do in GNOME?  How do I
> > > go about reproducing it?
> >
> > gnome-vfs does a PROPFIND first to see if WebDAV stuff is available at
> > the URL.
>
> For what reason does gnome-vfs need this information?  If gnome-vfs finds
> that WebDAV stuff is available, how does its behaviour differ?  Mozilla/IE
> do not seem to do this.

Mozilla/IE don't provide WebDAV browsing functionality, AFAIK. If you go to
a WebDAV resource in Nautilus, it will give you a directory listing, not an
HTML page. (Wish I could point you towards tigert's old mac.com WebDAV thing
but it is all subscription-based now.)

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

    Ye shall be cursed to fall in love so easily, and yet be so cold of
                       heart as never to express it.