On resistance to removing settings

A glimpse from the other side [1] showing that no matter what setting
you remove, someone is going to complain that it is an essential setting
and that the desktop is useless without it.

http://dot.kde.org/1021414904/1021446547/#1021449973

iain
[1] I didn't want to make it sound like "Them and Us" but I couldn't
think of any other way to say it and still retain a slight modicum of
humour
--
"And while we were sleeping they even took our neighbourhoods away, and
everything turned into Disneyland and marionettes and chipboard and