Re: CVSROOT/modules

Mark McLoughlin wrote:

Hey Guys,
	Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is absolutely no need for
things like

libbonobo libbonobo
libbonoboui libbonoboui
libcompat libcompat
libgnome libgnome
libgnomebase libgnomebase
libgnomecanvas libgnomecanvas
libgnomeui libgnomeui
libgnome-extra libgnome-extra
libgnomeprint libgnomeprint

	in this file? If so, why on earth do we do it so religiously?
I think this is just leading to the confusion for some people that in
order to import into cvs you need to put an entry into modules.

I would just get rid of the lines. We used to use cvs virtual includes (&intl &macros), so had lines for almost every module. Then we started removing the virtual includes, leaving just the "module module" bit. Then I guess some people just continued adding them from habbit.

For the modules that have 1.4 and 2.0 branches, we still need &macros for the 1.4 branch. We could probably remove those lines in a few months though, when gnome 2.0 becomes more popular.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/