Re: GConf broken - solution ...

Hi Havoc,

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 14:21, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> This highlights a problem that also come up in the "out of file
> descriptors" case - I really wish we could get better error messages
> out of ORBit than "COMM_FAILURE" - any way to do that within the CORBA
> spec?

	In this case you can get an MARSHAL exception on the
CORBA_string_to_object type method - it would be great to trap that and
fire a different message like "Broken IOR - looks like an ORB mismatch /
error".

	The COMM_FAILURE is all you get for broken communications I think -
it's hard to know what else we can do there. A COMM_FAILURE implies the
other end is dead - which it should be if you get that.

	HTH,

		Michael.