Re: Character normalization ?

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 05:01:31PM -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> This is purely an X configuration issue. There is a standard for what
> should be used for codeset names on Linux:
>
>  http://www.li18nux.org/subgroups/sa/locnameguide/index.html
>
> If your X doesn't support these names, it needs to be fixed :-)

	Ok, this is Debain's XF86 4.  I don't have the vanilla XF86
source in front of me, so I don't know that the incorrect codeset names
in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locales come from XF86, but I suspect they do.
They are *not* compliant with the standard above, so I guess we blame X.
	Bad X.  Bad.  I guess I'll try to see who to yell at.  Thanks.

Joel

--

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember, it didn't
 help the rabbit."

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org