Re: Apotheke - A CVS view for Nautilus (Gnome2)

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Jens Finke wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is the inital release announcement for Apotheke.
>
> What is Apotheke?
> -----------------
> Apotheke is a seperate Nautilus view, which gives you detailed information
> about CVS managed directories. CVS is the "Concurrent Version System"
> which is often used by (free) software projects to manage there
> sourcecode. Nautilus on the other side is the filemanager used in Gnome,
> which has a very modular architecture and enables 3rd party developers to
> extend it easily. Apotheke brings the power of both togehter ;). If you
> aren't a developer and don't know what CVS is, this is probably not for
> you.
>
> Features
> --------
>   o displays detailed CVS file information
>   o able to execute CVS status command
>   o ... more to come

Wow. This is really cool, i would love to use this.

One small comment though. Even though I do appreciate the CVS / apotheke
connection maybe it should say "View as CVS" or "View as Versions" instead
of "View as Apotheke".

Other than that, i'd love to use this. If it could show me diffs between
revisions too i'd be in heaven.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an obese Catholic senator looking for 'the Big One.' She's a ditzy
Buddhist bounty hunter on the trail of a serial killer. They fight crime!