Re: [Usability]GNOME 2.0 Splash Screens

Hi Jeff,

On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 00:30, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Oh yeah, another thing, the splash screen doesn't stay on screen long
> enough. ;)

	Well - two things that take a good while to startup are
bonobo-activation and gconfd we could even start them in parallel if we
did:

	g_idle_add (gconf_do_startup ());
	bonobo_activation_startup ();

	I suppose we'd need two icons for them - but the can take ~1 second
each or so, during which their users just sit there blocking. Also
they're _vital_ to the smooth running of the desktop, so sane early
warnings on their failure would be great.

> I'm going to make an arse of myself and submit this to bugzilla. :)

	If you could add the above, I think having those running will help
substantially.

	Regards,

		Michael.