Re: memory allocations / libxml

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 05:35:56AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 09:42:07AM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 700x
> > 	tmp = xmlStrndup (part_of_buffer, 7);
> > 	ctxt->uiCharacters (ctxt, tmp);
> > 	xmlFree (tmp);
> >
> > With 1 big dup instead [ or a chunked dup / but then the chunk reading
> > becomes perhaps far more painful, I havn't looked at the code ].
> >
> > 	Is that an easy thing to do Daniel ? clearly I'd rather use libxml than
> > writing my own XML parser :-) we already use the fast SAX interface.
>
>   No idea what you're speaking of. Write your own parser, and maintain it !

  Just to be cristal clear. You're dumping out of context requirement
on my code base, with what I perceive as an attempt to scare me by
threatening to "build your own", the smiley does not heal the profundly
unfriendly message. I really dislike this kind of attitude and prefer
avoiding users resorting to such tactics, so please get someone who will
accept this to handle your need, I'm not interested in such relationship.

Daniel