Re: memory allocations.

Havoc Pennington wrote:

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
One of these slopes must be the font map. So it's a whole bunch of
short strings for font names.

We could pool them by just forcing them all to the same length, maybe,
though the length is in principle arbitrary.  Ideally we would not
have the font map. I think things look a lot different in Xft mode
instead of traditional X fonts mode, this is the traditonal-X-fonts
map.

Hmm, fontmap strings are probably immutable, so we could just put them
all in one large single block while still allowing arbitrary string
length.

If they are immutable, could you use the GStringChunk code in glib to allocate them?

James.