Re: [GNOME VFS] gob inside gnome-vfs ...

Hi James,

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 04:44, James Henstridge wrote:
> Of course, most of the structs in gnome-vfs can only be legitimately
> allocated by gnome-vfs functions, and there is no subclassing to worry
> about (and things like GnomeVFSFileInfo have a flags field to say which
> parts of the struct are valid), so it should be pretty easy to add stuff
> to the end of the structs.

	Unless, that is - people have arrays of them lurking in their apps eg.
GnomeMagicEntry.

	But if we need bin-compat breakage we need it instantly, really, really
soon - fast, very fast - With release team review and approval.

	We also need to be able to release a gnome-vfs-2.0.1 without the ~5
accumulated more minor bug fixes of the last week on the gnome-2-0
branch [ although in fact getting approval for these would avoid the
need to re-branch at 2.0.0, since most of them seem pretty serious to
me, especially Damon's #84693 fix ].

	Regards,

		Michael.