Re: [GNOME VFS] gob inside gnome-vfs ...

Joe Shaw <joe ximian com> writes:
> Also, I thought the GNOME 2.2 platform libraries were supposed to be
> backward compatible with GNOME 2.0 (minus removal of deprecated
> functions):

The platform is supposed to be 100% ABI compatible for the next couple
years at least. This means no removal of _any_ functions, _including_
deprecated functions. i.e. do not do anything that would change the
library soname.

No idea if the gnome-vfs changes do that, I'm just clarifying the
policy, not commenting on this specific case.

Havoc