Re: TARBALLS DUE: Snapshot, Deep Freeze, But No Release Candidate

On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 12:21, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
> Tarballs are due for this week's snapshot, formerly known as "Release
> Candidate 1". We have 9 release critical bugs [1] left to squash, so the release
> team has opted to push the release candidate back by one week.
>  *** However, the final release and deep freeze dates HAVE NOT CHANGED! ***
> As of Monday, no code changes should be committed to shipping modules [2]
> unless directly related to fixing these 9 bugs.

to prevent disaster, i really think we need to branch all the modules
for gnome 2.0.0 after this freeze point, so that only fixes for these 9
bugs go in.

since we (ximian/sun/[probably red hat]) are still working on 2.0.1 bug
fixing, i'd say HEAD be open for 2.0.1 fixes rather than for 2.x.y

if this freeze is happening tomorrow, then we need to reach a consensus
on this quickly.

 - jacob

gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org