Re: TARBALLS DUE: Snapshot, Deep Freeze, But No Release Candidate
- From: jacob berkman <jacob ximian com>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, GNOME Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: TARBALLS DUE: Snapshot, Deep Freeze, But No Release Candidate
- Date: 03 Jun 2002 16:26:49 -0400
On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 12:21, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
> Tarballs are due for this week's snapshot, formerly known as "Release
> Candidate 1". We have 9 release critical bugs  left to squash, so the release
> team has opted to push the release candidate back by one week.
> *** However, the final release and deep freeze dates HAVE NOT CHANGED! ***
> As of Monday, no code changes should be committed to shipping modules 
> unless directly related to fixing these 9 bugs.
to prevent disaster, i really think we need to branch all the modules
for gnome 2.0.0 after this freeze point, so that only fixes for these 9
bugs go in.
since we (ximian/sun/[probably red hat]) are still working on 2.0.1 bug
fixing, i'd say HEAD be open for 2.0.1 fixes rather than for 2.x.y
if this freeze is happening tomorrow, then we need to reach a consensus
on this quickly.
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev