Re: TARBALLS DUE: Snapshot, Deep Freeze, But No Release Candidate

On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 12:21, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Tarballs are due for this week's snapshot, formerly known as "Release
> Candidate 1". We have 9 release critical bugs [1] left to squash, so the release
> team has opted to push the release candidate back by one week.
>
>  *** However, the final release and deep freeze dates HAVE NOT CHANGED! ***
>
> As of Monday, no code changes should be committed to shipping modules [2]
> unless directly related to fixing these 9 bugs.

to prevent disaster, i really think we need to branch all the modules
for gnome 2.0.0 after this freeze point, so that only fixes for these 9
bugs go in.

since we (ximian/sun/[probably red hat]) are still working on 2.0.1 bug
fixing, i'd say HEAD be open for 2.0.1 fixes rather than for 2.x.y
hacking.

if this freeze is happening tomorrow, then we need to reach a consensus
on this quickly.

 - jacob