Re: GnomeAppBar interactive mode

+++ Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 10:59:07AM -0400 +++
Havoc Pennington e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.

> mawarkus t-online de (Matthias Warkus) writes:
> >
> > a little question: When writing about GNOME app development, does it
> > make sense to cover GnomeAppBar's "interactive mode"? According to the
> > docs, it doesn't work right now. Will it ever, or will it be
> > deprecated and/or dropped completely?
> >

> GnomeAppBar itself should be deprecated. I'm not sure if we managed to
> do so.

It's not marked up as deprecated, neither in the docs nor in the
headers. What has it been replaced by? GtkStatusbar? What's the way to
go if you want to have a progress bar in the status bar, then?

On a related note: There still seem to be multiple ways of doing menus
and toolbars. Does it make sense to mention the respective GTK+
widgets, gnome-app-helper stuff etc. or should I tell my readers to
use Bonobo for everything? Even test-gnome seems to use the Bonobo way
these days.

mawa
--
Do something unusual today.  Pay a bill.