Re: Mono and GNOME. The long reply.

Hi Martin,

On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 14:35, Martin Sevior wrote:
> AbiWord is the only unix
> application that I know of where you can drag and drop icons from place to
> place on the toolbars because of this seperation.

	I don't read this as a killer feature; I read this as a tragedy for
Gnome - where this could have been done in a generic way, folded back
into the platform and all Gnome apps would have this feature. Instead,
just one application has this feature [the only one one unix!].

> I'm not sure this is true. The OO hackers with around 50 full-time hackers
> have spent the last 1.5 years just breaking the application up so that not
> everything appears on the screen at once.

	And it's easier to hack on / grapple with / understand - but you miss a
large chunk of other work they've been engaged on.

	_Personally_ I would not invest time in hacking on AbiWord - beyond
bonobo-izing it, but I would invest time in making OpenOffice more
gnome-integrated and gnome-ish :-)

	Regards,

		Michael.