Re: Canvas redraw priority

Hi Jody,

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 17:21, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> Do you have access to a decent perf measurement tool ?  gprof is
> fairly unhelpful and I've yet to get the eazel-tools working under
> gnome2.

	In a word 'no' - however I have a hacked up mess: checkout memprof on
the 'speed_prof' branch, install - and with luck, a fair wind and so on
you may get a memprof-like performance profile you can browse through.

	It's almost useless since in most cases it lies unashamedly about what
symbol is what, so ... it's only useful in some cases, with the aid of
an intelligent debugger etc.

	Another useful thing - especially if you're hamering gconf is to:

	export ORBIT2_DEBUG=traces:timings

	And see how many roundtrip CORBA calls you're doing, and how long they
take.

	Regards,

		Michael.