Imminent FTP Migration

Hi all,

I'm going to get started with the FTP migration tonight. I've alerted Tomas
(who is also Cc'ed here). Here's the plan:

  - Email gnome-sysadmin and gnome-hackers that we're going to do the
    migration very soon. (Done. Like, right now!)

  - Email ftp maintainers alerting them to the upcoming change. (Doing. I
    know contact details for Sweden and planetmirror, does everyone else
    sync from Sweden?)

  - Write script to migrate tarballs to new layout. (This was jamesh's idea;
    we can send it to ftp maintainers to run before we restart rsync on
    widget so the majority of changes use zero bandwidth. Yay!) (Doing.)

  - Modify install-module for use with new layout. (Done, but not in place
    for obvious reasons.)

  - Insert notice and exit 1 into install-module to remind maintainers that
    we're doing the migration. (Done, but commented atm.)

  - Stop rsync on widget.

  - Run script.

  - Restart rsync on widget.

  - Sit back and watch the carnage.

This will be complete before the release candidate on the 30th. Planetmirror
and Sweden will definitely be ready by then, as the administrators are easy
to contact - not entirely sure about the other mirrors. Will confer with
Tomas.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
     "I think a lot of the basis of the open source movement comes from
                procrastinating students." - Andrew Tridgell