Re: State across application invocation

On Sun, 2002-08-11 at 02:05, Matthias Warkus wrote:
> +++ Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 10:03:36PM +0200 +++
> Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> > hi all,
> > Isn't recent files handled by the new gnome-recent library being
> > developed in GNOME CVS?
> > http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/rview.cgi?cvsroot=/cvs/gnome&dir=gnome-recent
>
> I read on the commits list that it does stuff by using an X root
> window property, which made me wonder; is that the Right Thing(TM) to
> do?

Yeah, you are the second person to mention this, so I think the root
window property thing is getting booted.  Unfortunately, my X skillz
aren't very good (I really don't understand the whole
selection/atom/event stuff very well).  Maybe someone could give me a
few ideas in this area?  Gregory mentioned some projects that might have
some code/ideas that are useful, but so far I have had problems finding
exactly what I need......

Thanks,
James