Re: State across application invocation

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus linuxrising org> writes:

> And as for coordination with other projects I think that should only be
> done when it is clear that such coordination is reasonable feasible. Not
> implementing feature X for 2 years due to waiting to get everyone to
> agree is only shooting ourselves in the foot. I think the vfolder
> standard is a good example on how to do it. Write a specification and
> send it to XDG list and if people like it (after some
> input/modifications of course), then great; if not then we still have
> the new functionality ourselves and it can not be said we didn't try.

I would not wait, I think the important thing is to a) implement it in
a way that it is reasonably shareable (doesn't assume everyone on
earth links to all our libraries, for example, and is documented) and
b) at least post to xdg-list. Then you at least have something other
people can use if they're motivated.

Havoc