Re: Proposal for changes to gnome-announce

On Tue, 2002-08-06 at 05:38, ERDI Gergo wrote:

> has these applist automatic emails done anyone any good? I know I've
> mostly been annoyed by them. So maybe the easiest solution to raise the
> quaility of gnome-announce would be to stop these automatic mails and
> instead go back to requiring manually written emails.

The Software Map emails are not 'automatic'. The developer is required
to click a button stating that they would like the announcement to go to
the mailing list. We do pre-fill in some values for them into a template
to bring some sense of order to the mails.

I don't think we can judge the quality of the emails because many people
are not native English speakers. Also, I don't think it's fair to give
My Favorite Killer App (tm) any precedence over Yet Another Tea Timer.
That new developer just may write the new Favorite Killer App some day
and gnome-announce gives them a place to toot their horn and take some
pride in what they do.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org