Re: What are the community's goals for 2.0? [was Re: Getting serious about releasing]

Actually, the right criterion is:

"When the number of *NEW* bugs filed per week is significantly dropping,
you are ready to ship". (and you don't have show-stoppers left).

Doug Clark wrote several very nice papers on project management,
one of which was titled "Bugs are good".

As your user community grows, you get more and more duplicates
and therefore your total number of reports grows, even after fewer
new bugs are being found.

So understanding whether we're seeing fewer new bugs should go
into this equasion...

				- Jim

So I ask the question: what does the rate of *new* bugs look like.

--
Jim Gettys
Cambridge Research Laboratory