Re: What are the community's goals for 2.0? [was Re: Getting serious about releasing]

On 24 Apr 2002, Chris Lyttle wrote:

> I for one am getting annoyed at my KDE using friends pointing out how
> KDE has gone through 2 major releases and GNOME2 still isn't out.

Although I don't use KDE, from what I've seen of it, they are
substantially more advanced (as far as what the user sees) than gnome
2[*]. So it's not just a matter of releases -- we could have made 2
releases in the same time frame, and the software itself would still suck
the same.

[*] Since I don't use GNOME 2 either, I think it's fair of me to compare
it to KDE ,)

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001