Re: What are the community's goals for 2.0? [was Re: Getting serious about releasing]

Dick Porter <dick ximian com> writes:
> b) avoid the negative aspects of releasing with hundreds of known bugs,
>    some serious, some easily fixed.  _I_ know it's going to be called a
>    developer release, but I doubt anyone installing it will think it is
>    anything less than an upgrade to 1.4; and

While I'm willing to be convinced of Luis's point, it needs pointing
out here that we ARE going to ship with hundreds of bugs; unless we
want to impose NASA-like code review and be here until 2015 and never
have any users.

Let's maybe qualify that as "showstopper bugs" vs plain "bugs" ;-)

Havoc