Re: This is pretty weak. [re: getting new blood]

<quote who="Luis Villa">

> If we're going to attract new hacking blood, as discussed at the BOF at
> guadec, we've just got to have better getting started docs, pointing at
> stuff like any gtk tutorials we have, the HIG guidelines, this CVS page,
> etc.  Unfortunately, I'm completely unqualified to write such a page
> myself :/

Hey, so am I. However, I've started putting together the skeleton of a
"GNOME Maintainer's Guide", in the vein of the many excellent guides
produced by the Debian Project.

It will cover stuff like CVS, web publishing (for the *new* site), bugzilla,
requesting accounts, and other miscellaneous ephemerae. You're very
qualified to write the bugzilla bit. The style guides idea will work well
with this too, must kick some arse on that front.

I'll put what I've done up after doing the website stuff, that's my main
non-GNOME-2 project ATM.

- Jeff

--
                Patches are like Free Software love letters.