Re: GtkHtml 1, 2 and 1->2

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 11:51:10AM -0400, Radek Doulík wrote:
>         * redesign/refactor gtkhtml1 to allow DOM and CSS (gtkhtml2
>           developers, could you point out what do we basically need for
>           this?) do we really have to use libxml for DOM?

  No, but it would most definitely help, the key point is that the
internal libxml2 representation is very very close to DOM (exceptions
are mostly on entities handling which you don't care when editing HTML).
There is at least 2 DOM on libxml2 implementations you can either reuse
or borrow code from (gdome2, and gtkhtml2, there are others but not in C).
  Libxml2 HTML parser is being used in commercial (Windows <grin/>)
products so I would expect it to be "ready for GNOME consumption".

Daniel