Re: Glib/Pango/Atk/GTK+ and Platform Alpha

Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> writes:

> Hi all, Owen,
>
> Can GPAG 1.3.8 be considered for inclusion with the platform alpha, or will
> another release happen before the 26th? Nailing these down as soon as we can
> will assist everyone else in having their packages ready (binary and
> source ;). It's only an alpha, so existing API bugs can be dealt with in
> further releases.

We are trying to do weekly releases, so we would normally expect
to do a release on Monday or Tuesday.

Though we haven't done much in the way of API changes, we have done a
fair bit of fixage since 1.3.8, so I think it would be good to include
a 1.3.9 in the alpha. (A big delay between GTK+ tarball and other
tarballs is just going to cause version skew problems.)

Are we trying to have binary packages out on the 26 or just tarballs?
(We sort of need a sub-schedule even for alpha releases of when
things have to be ready.)

In any case I'll work on getting 1.3.9 tarballs out Monday evening, and
we'll try to avoid source-incompatible changes in CVS between then
and Wednesday.

Regards,
                                        Owen