Re: GNOME 1.4.1 beta2

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 03:08:46PM -0400, jacob berkman wrote:
> well there is at least 2 new bugs (that i've run into) with a cvs panel
> since the last release.
>
> 	1.  it sometimes crashes on startup

I can't reproduce this.  AFAIK this bug has been around for quite some time
given that there were previous bug reports since very early days for this.
But I never figured out where the bug is.  It crashes inside GTK+, so it's
kind of hard to tell from backtraces what happened previously to that.

#2 is the same in all 1.4.x releases as far as I know, this is not a cvs vs.
released issue.  It is a bug, but a bug that is very hard to solve.  The
current solution works in most cases.  You can't just say: enable meta, since
you don't know which one is meta.  You can perhaps know on US only keyboards
with standard xfree86 setup (unless they change it, which they did between
3.x and 4.x afaik).  And if we add that we break for most european setups.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   You have the right to food money providing of course you don't mind a little