Re: On the cost of libraries
- From: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org>
- Cc: Drazen Kacar <dave arsdigita com>, <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: On the cost of libraries
- Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 21:08:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 1 Sep 2001, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On 01Sep2001 11:52PM (+0200), Drazen Kacar wrote:
> > I would strongly recommend against libraries having data which is not
> > accessed by functional interfaces. If there is such data, the library
> > must be loaded even if it will never will be used and run-time linker
> > must process data relocations.
> oaf / bonobo-activation has an instance of this mistake (it exports an
> array that has the popt options rather than a function to get it). Is
> it worth breaking the API freeze on bonobo-activation to fix it?
I think so, if it is just one symbol. And the popt array is mostly only
used in one place in apps too.
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev