Re: On the cost of libraries

On 01Sep2001 11:52PM (+0200), Drazen Kacar wrote:

> I would strongly recommend against libraries having data which is not
> accessed by functional interfaces. If there is such data, the library
> must be loaded even if it will never will be used and run-time linker
> must process data relocations.

oaf / bonobo-activation has an instance of this mistake (it exports an
array that has the popt options rather than a function to get it). Is
it worth breaking the API freeze on bonobo-activation to fix it?

> And all private symbols in the libraries should be marked as such.

1) Will symbols with static linkage automatically be private? (I sure
hope so).

2) How do I make symbols with extern linkage private to the library?

 - Maciej