Re: Gnome-Media

On 16Oct2001 12:50AM (-0400), Iain wrote:

> >   DONE: Core packages proposal and discussion
> >    => Drowned out by schedule discussion, light this one up again
>
> My apologies.
>
> In light of me drowning it out, can I say that I've ported gnome-media
> to the GNOME2 libraries, and am working on making it better. It's been
> sent to Peter and he's going to commit it to CVS, so I'd like to ask if
> it could be added to the list of core packages, which was (from Sander's
> list):
>
> Sawfish,
> Nautilus,
> Control-Centre
> The non crack parts of gnome-utils
> gnome-core
> gnome-applets.

I don't remember Sander's list (I hope it gets sent again) but
gnome-media was part of the core release for 1.4 and IMO should be
again for 2.0 (despite being a bit lame and underfeatured - I hope for
2.2 we can have a new GStreamer-based gnome-media package with all the
bells and whistles).

>  Do we want to get gnome-games into the core stuff? I'd
> say yes :)

No one will use a desktop that doesn't come with some cheesy gamelets,
so yes. :-)

 - Maciej