Re: GNOME 2.0 Schedule

Releasing often is fine as long as it is mainly for bug fixes
and there is no API breakage or significant UI breakages.

How do we ever expect to be able to support a development
platform for ISVs if we cannot guarantee API stability and if we
dont make an effort to get rid of deprecated APIs and widgets.

The same goes for UI changes. Why deliver a desktop and then change
the User Interface shortly after because we dont have time to listen
to the usability people right now?

I dont know about other Gnome distributors, but from a SUN point of view
I would really really not like to deliver multiple versions of libs
(because porting didnt happen on time) and/or change (possibly
radically?)
the UI shortly after a fully supported release.

Support costs would go through the roof.

Stephen.