Re: Gtk+ and the freeze

> > > The GNOME 2.0 release team has decided to give the Gtk+ team a grace
> > > period until the end of Saturday to get already planned API changes
> > > in. This is in the interests of trying to get Gtk+ truly frozen as
> > > fast as possible.
> >
> > I always thought free software is ready when it is ready and not on
> > Saturday because someone says so. Did I misinterpret something?
>
> Well, free software is ready at some date because someone says
> so, because it is _never_ fully ready ;-) But, yes, I think
> what Maciej was trying to say here is:
>
>  "The GNOME 2.0 release team discussed the API freeze with the GTK+ team
>   and they said they thought they would have it frozen by Saturday,
>   and if they don't, we are going to glare at them and tap our
>   feet impatiently"

No way, we've become fascists. We have secret police and everything. We
will find you and your family, you cannot hide.

Something does change on Saturday (today!) which is any API changes need
to be reviewed, so there is a significant incentive to get things frozen
by today because otherwise you get to deal with a more tedious process
:-)

-Seth