Re: Gtk+ and the freeze

Hi,

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:

> The GNOME 2.0 release team has decided to give the Gtk+ team a grace
> period until the end of Saturday to get already planned API changes
> in. This is in the interests of trying to get Gtk+ truly frozen as
> fast as possible.

I always thought free software is ready when it is ready and not on
Saturday because someone says so. Did I misinterpret something?

> After Saturday, we will expect Gtk+ (and glib and pango and atk) API
> changes to go through the normal review process. We really need to get
> the foundation of our platform fully ready for porting work.

What is the normal review process? Sorry, I don't read gnome-2-0-list
or gnome-hackers, but I'm not sure if readers of gtk-devel-list are
supposed to know what you mean by "normal review process". Is that the
"send a patch to the list to get it discussed and approved" review
process that is normally used for GTK+ and friends?

Salut, Sven